Speculation: if there was a Big Bang out there that assigned you an author (me), what fanfiction would you like me to write for you at 50,000+ words?
Be as detailed as you like: characters, pairings, threesomes, fandom, genre, theme, plot, setting, historical period...this is an exercise for your imagination and you wouldn't have to write it! ;)
Disclaimer: Naturally, I am NOT actually taking prompts for 50,000-word pieces (do you want me to lose what little mind I have left, heh heh?) but is just for fun! And also this is like a poll that shows me my strengths as perceived by you, my flist, because, after all, it's all about me, right? ;) Have fun!
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can get to know you better.
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.
piratepurple asked me:
( Read more... )
1. Comment to this post with "I surrender!" and I'll assign you the basis of some TV show idea. (post-apocalyptic scifi-fi drama, fantasy, noir gumshoe pulp, criminal procedure...IN SPACE, historical drama WITH WEREWOLVES, etc.).
2. Create a cast of characters, including the actors who'd play them.
3. Add in any actor photos, character bios, and show synopsis that you want.
4. Post to your own journal.
aella_irene gave me the prompt: Historical crime procedural...in space! - which has lead me along some - kind of odd paths... and probably not as much crime procedural as it could have been...
( Danelagen )
1. Gabriel (Supernatural)
2. Susan Sto Helit (Discworld)
3. Commodore James Norrington (Potc)
4. Lord Miles Naismith Vorkosigan (Vorkosigan saga)
5. Lord Peter Wimsey (Wimsey mysteries)
6. Methos (Highlander)
8. Lisbeth Salander (Stieg Larsson's Millennium-trilogy)
9. Åland (Scandinavia and the World)
10. Loke (Valhalla comics)
( And then, the scenarios )
I'm looking at a list of 10 characters. Gimme questions for them?
Things along the lines of What happens when 3 and 7 have to look after a baby, or 1, 5, and 9 are stuck on a desert island. Three months later, what does the rescue ship find?
And they wonder why academics are reluctant to leave the big cities (read: Copenhagen, maybe
Århus Aarhus). I wonder if the fact that, when you inevitably wind up unemployed, you have to go to bloody Odense (no offense to any Odense natives reading) for a mere cv-samtale with your a-kasse might be a clue??? Seriously, fifth largest urban center in the country not big enough for you to fucking visit??????????
Anyway, to think of other things than the kinks (of the non-fun variety) in the much-lauded flexicurity system, a meme:
Out of curiosity, if
I was chained up in your attic/study/basement/library/secret lair, and I had to I would write you one story, what would you ask for? Or alternately, what's something you always hoped I'd write but think isn't likely to happen?
1. Go to my fic post and pick out a line or two from one of my stories. (Must be a full line, please -- no sentence fragments or speech tags - except where I've written sentence frags, obviously -_-;)
2. I will respond with which story of mine I think it's from.
3. A drabble to anyone who stumps me. If you do stump me, feel free to request a situation and characters.
The first TEN people to comment in this post get to request that I write a ficlet of any pairing/character of their choosing (within reason, people. Within reason :P). In return, they have to post this in their journal, regardless of their ability level. (If you absolutely can't write, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to offer drawings or icons or something instead.
One additional condition - no PotC requests, please. If I've squeed or something about a fandom or you are otherwise sure I know it, go ahead - I want to expand my horizon, so to speak ;-)